Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sneak Preview

It's official. Expedia confirms that Sandra S. Hatfield will depart Detroit Metro Airport on Feb. 17, 2010, en route to Warsaw, Poland.

Yes, we're headed back to Poland. I'll be in Poland for seven weeks (Feb. 17 - Apr. 7). As originally planned, I will serve at two weekend sessions of our Christian School of Music (CSM) plus visit several churches/groups/individuals with whom we minister in Poland. And then just this week an unexpected opportunity became available and now I've been accepted into a 4-week intensive Polish language course in Warsaw (Mar. 1 - 24)! I will attend classes Mon.-Fri. mornings and then be free on weekends for travel. I't's a full schedule and I'll be a busy girl ... just the way I like it! :)

Dave will join me on March 25, a few days before a 20-member team from Taylor University (Indiana) will arrive in Poland. Dave and I will host these students as we assist at an English language school, an orphanage, and our ministry center in Ostroda. Various work projects are scheduled for April, so Dave will stay to help coordinate these efforts. He will also visit several churches and attend two CSM sessions. Dave will return to Michigan the first week of May.

So, that's a sneak preview of what's to come. Thank you for all the prayers as we finalize plans and arrange the details. The task before us can be overwhelming, but we are reminded that it is "...His energy which so powerfully works in us" (Col. 1:29) It is God who has called us and it is God who will do it. Blessed be His name!

No comments: