Monday, March 21, 2011

Say What?? :)


We're never too old to learn, right?? That's what Dave and I kept asking ourselves as we embarked on a 4-week intensive Polish language course in Warsaw. This was my third such endeavor, but for Dave it was a first. It's amazing how much one can learn in a 3-hour class, 5 days a week. Dave was one of 6 students (from Tunisia, Turkey, Mexico, Uzbekistan, Holland) while I was one-on-one with my instructor. You can imagine each day after 3 hours of non-stop Polish conversation, my brain was ready to implode! :) We are thankful for such "jump-starts" in this beautiful, yet difficult, language. Having a grasp of the native language is so key to effective witness, so we pray that God will supernaturally increase our ability to communicate. Wierzymy, że Bóg będzie wierny nam pomóc (We believe God will be faithful to help us.)

No comments: