Thursday, April 14, 2011

Humble Servants


I'm a student, a writer, a teacher, a worship leader, a thinker -- but a painter or handy-woman?? ... not so much. But sometimes we have to roll up our sleeves and allow God to stretch us in ways we aren't so familiar with. Thus, I found myself at our camp facility in OstrĂ³da with Dave and a 3-member team of dynamos from the States. Jan and Margaret are two "seasoned" ladies who put me to shame with their endless energy and ability to wield a paint roller for hours at a time. Steve is the kind of guy who knows how to fix everything and can paint a straight border free-hand with no problem. For ten days we labored together, painting the dining hall, stairwell, and upstairs lounge in our main building at the camp. I was sore and exhausted, while my cohorts were cheerful and relentless. :) Dave and I thank God for such dear servants who sacrifice their time, pay the price, and come to Poland to quietly perform some much-needed tasks so that the ministry can continue with excellence and lives can be changed to God's glory. Thanks, Jan, Margaret, and Steve!! You're the bestest!!!

No comments: