Monday, September 3, 2007

What an Amazing Summer '07 (part I)

Greetings again from Ostroda, Poland.

Yesterday I was asked to teach the morning lesson here at the camp. Paula and I prayed about what I should teach. Last night I stayed up late, preparing a lesson. I decided to teach on Jesus as the Alpha and Omega. I traced him from before the foundations of the earth until that day when He will return and reign in Jerusalem. For 45 minutes I spoke only of Yeshua, as Creator, as appearing in the O.T., as teacher and healer, as the one who died and resurrected, and the one who is coming again. I gave testimony in my own life and finished by saying that it is the most important question we must answer ... who is this Jesus? (I admit I was feeling a bit frazzled since I had such short notice, but God gave me power and the words to declare the truth of Jesus with clarity and passion.) When the lesson was over, many people were standing around talking. Two women came up to me, one holding the arm of the other. They spoke intently to me, in Russian. I asked for George Repetski's help in translation. The woman said, motioning to her friend, "My friend, Mariya, wants to accept Yeshua (Jesus) as her Lord." I was so surprised and so happpy! There had been no formal invitation ...it was just a class setting (with about 60 people)... but the truth had spoken to her heart and she had responded. Many women gathered around her and George R. asked her many questions and she confessed her faith and desire to surrender to Jesus. He led her in a formal confession. We prayed more and there was much weeping. Mariya is from Kaliningrad. There are several unbelievers who have come ... but now there is one less. :)

So .... we are praising God in Ostroda!!!! And I am overwhelmed. It doesn't matter about us .. we are nothing ... but when we speak the truth of Jesus, there is power. When people get a picture of Him, how can they not respond?

May each of us live in such a way as to give a clear picture of our Lord Jesus .. We give glory to You, O Lord!!!!

Keep praying ... He is answering!
...Sandy

No comments: