Friday, March 2, 2007

Warsaw, Poland

"Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with you of you."
II Th 3:16
  • Please pray for Sandy's safe return to Brighton on Wednesday.
  • Please pray for Dave's journey to California as he meets with six churches to share the GMM vision: the Vineyard Church in Glendora (Jacob Gaines is Associate Pastor); Parkcrest Christian in Long Beach; the Reality Church in Hollywood (Kezia's church); Southwest Christian in Temecula; Vineyard Community in Laguna Niguel; and Cypress Christian in West Cypress. Our desire is to raise up partners in intercession, short term workers and investment partners. Ask God on our behalf for divine appointments.
Sandy writes from Warsaw, Poland
Hello from Warsaw!

God is good. The concert with Missio Musica went very well. As usual, the music was excellent ... but more importantly, many people were touched by this music. I shared a testimony, and they also asked me to sing a solo (in English, thankfully). And this morning's worship was powerful and God's presence was very near to us. We thank Him for His faithfulness.

Since I last wrote, I have met SO many people involved in so many ministries. I am seeing that although the evangelical presence in Poland is less than 1%, those who are leading and involved are quality people with huge passions for Poland.
I met the director for a Christian music school, and she showed me their classrooms and introduced me to some of their teachers.
I met a man who is establishing Christian schools in Poland, and he gave me a tour of their school (I was quite impressed!) -- his vision is to train up young people with solid Christian worldviews who are prepared in every area (literature, the arts, media, etc.) to impact this society for the Gospel.
I met a couple who work in Christian radio...they have won several awards for some of the best radio production in Poland.
And today I even met a family who have moved to Poland FROM MICHIGAN who are here for 4 years to serve this country (and their 16-year-old son moved with them, whom they are homeschooling). We instantly connected and I believe this meeting was definitely from God.
I travel on now to Katowice to meet with university students. I am excited to share with their group and know we will encourage each other.

It has been an amazing time thus far, and I am thankful. For those who know me well, you can imagine that my journal is growing daily! :)

Thanks, again, for all your prayers. God is at work here in Poland. Praise to the name of Jesus! (Chwala imie Jezus!!)

...Sandy

No comments: